Study Design and Research Methods Program
The program runs for five days:
- Monday 3 December 2018: 9am – 5pm
- Tuesday 4 December 2018: 9am – 4.30pm, dinner 6pm – 8pm
- Wednesday 5 December 2018: 9am – 4pm
- Thursday 6 December 2018: 9am – 4pm
- Friday 7 December 2018: 9am – 2pm
Hub Seminar Room
The George Institute
Level 5, 1 King Street
Newtown NSW 2042
Fees: ¥40,000.00 CNY*
Fee includes flights, accommodation incl. breakfast, business travel visa, refreshments over the five days, and the formal dinner on the second night. If you require group pricing, or a training program only price, please provide us your requirements when you register for the program.
*Price quoted in CNY (China Yuan Renminbi)
About this program
With the aim of building research capacity, the Study Design and Research Methods training program provides an excellent opportunity to gain skills in research knowledge sharing, information exchange, and to network with the George Institute’s team of leading world-class researchers.
The program provides an overview on study design and research methods and focuses on:
- Choosing and developing an appropriate study design
- Implementing a study
- Analysing and interpreting study results
- Disseminating research findings
You will have the opportunity to apply your learning from a series of lectures, and to put forward problems that you encounter in thinking about organising research within your daily work in a series of active learning sessions throughout the 5 day program, including a group presentation of a sample protocol in outlining a research topic on the final day.
Upon completion of the course, you will have gained an understanding of:
An introduction to Epidemiology including:
- Choosing the right study design,
- Observational studies; and
- Intervention studies
An introduction to Biostatistics including:
- sample size calculations, and
- planning and reporting statistical analysis;
- Managing data quality in clinical research projects;
- Preparing funding applications; and
- How to write, present and publish your research.
A Certificate of Attendance will be presented to each participant on the final day.
Full set of course notes.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided each day. The cost of the dinner on the second night is also included.
For further information, download the program agenda (PDF 598KB).
Please note: Workshops are limited to 20 participants.